Saturday, August 31, 2013

Baby's First Playlist


No, this isn't music for babies, I'm just a baby (newbie) when it comes to teaching yoga. As soon as I was done with teacher training, I spent hours combing through my music library for the songs I would like to hear in class. Now that I have an actual gig teaching yoga every few weeks, I actually have a use for all of that obsessing over yoga tunes!

For guidance, I referred to the ever-helpful (and musically fantastic) Mary Catherine Starr.

Yoga Playlist #1:

  1. Broken Social Scene- New Instructions
  2. Broken Social Scene- Sudden Food Loss
  3. Jose González- Heartbeats
  4. Ellie Goulding- Sweet Disposition (The Temper Trap Cover)
  5. Lykke Li- Dance Dance Dance
  6. Best Coast- Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac Cover)
  7. Delorean- Seasun
  8. Phosphorescent- Ride On / Right On
  9. Broke Social Scene- All to All
  10. CHVRCHES- The Mother We Share
  11. Tame Impala- Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
  12. Alt-J- Tessellate
  13. Beach House- Lazuli
  14. Dirty Projectors- Two Doves
  15. Peter & The Wolf- Safe Travels
  16. Bon Iver- Brackett, WI
  17. Sea Oleena- Island Cottage
  18. Maxence Cyrin- Where Is My Mind (The Pixies Cover) 
  19. Sigur Rós- Starálfur
XO,
KCZ

No comments:

Post a Comment