Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Transition to Spring Yoga Playlist

Cherry blossoms at sunrise photographed by the lovely and talented Andrea Lynn Taylor, who will be completing her 200hr yoga teacher training soon!!
It's spring in DC, finally! I've pulled my jorts out of storage, begun the annual process of being annoyed by, hating, then accepting cherry blossom tourists and painted my nails a bright easter-y purple.  Working the front desk (going to class nearly every day) at Tranquil Space, I've noticed that the season's change and accompanying weather-uncertainty has left yogis pretty drained. One way to counteract that is to focus on twisting, a cleansing motion. Another, is through happy, energetic music, which I've added to my current yoga playlist in no small dose. Also, Beyoncé.  Because I can't help myself.

This list also features some of the cutest music videos ever (see: Lavender Diamond, Rhye, Peals...).

Transition to Spring Yoga Playlist

  1. Memphis- Swallows and Amazons
  2. Charles Bradley- Heart of Gold (Neil Young cover)
  3. Beyoncé (ft. Frank Ocean)- Superpower 
  4. Laura Mvula- She (Robin Hannibal Remix)
  5. Jessie Ware- Wildest Moments
  6. The Preatures- Is This How You Feel?
  7. Architecture in Helsinki- Do the Whirlwind
  8. Thumpers- Unkinder (A Tougher Love)
  9. Ben Lee- Catch My Disease
  10. Lavender Diamond- Open Your Heart
  11. Peals- Tiptoes in the Parlor
  12. The Honey Dewdrops- Across the Universe (Beatles Cover)
  13. American Analog Set- Like Foxes Through Fences
  14. Rhye- Open 
  15. Anna Silva- The Suburbs (Arcade Fire Cover)
  16. Sigur Rós- Glósóli
XO, 
KCZ

No comments:

Post a Comment