Monday, September 30, 2013

Hooray for sore muscles!

Two of my friends have told me they're sore from the class I taught yesterday! What a great compliment.

When you do yoga as religiously as I do, you don't often get sore from practicing. It's only the most intense/challenging/push-you-to-your-edge class that can make you remember that muscles sometimes get angry. Someone telling me a class I taught "made them feel super relaxed" is awesome, but I can chalk that up to the magic of yoga itself. Soreness: that's all about the sequence.

My arms and shoulders are still sore from an amazing arm balancing workshop I took with Siobhan at Tranquil Space. It was one of those practices where, about 5 minutes in I knew I was going to be feeling it for days afterwards (in a good way... mostly).

And now I can do this:
Not the prettiest astavakrasana (eight-angle pose) because my shoulders should be even and I can only hold it for a breath or two, but it's a start! 

XO
KCZ

No comments:

Post a Comment