Sunday, October 6, 2013

I'm on TV!

Me (horizontal lunger), leading a yoga class at Sixth & I in Washington, DC
This week, as pretty much everyone knows, the government shut down. As a result, a huge number of people in DC (and other places) were last-minute out of work. Sixth & I synagogue hosted Shutdown Central, a place where furloughed government workers could play ping pong, watch West Wing and eat free food.

They asked for people to volunteer their skills, so I offered to teach a yoga class. I led a 1-hr vinyasa flow class on Wednesday around lunchtime with a few enthusiastic participants. Since all there is to report is that Congress isn't budging, the place was swarming with news outlets and they aired some footage of my class! 

Here it is: 

XO,
KCZ

No comments:

Post a Comment